Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Only Rule On Meditation Forum and A Way To Fertilize The Soil Of Your Practice

edited November 23 in General

There is only one rule on the Meditation Forum:

Be kind. Be friendly.

We have joined together to walk side-by-side on the path of tranquility, love, and enlightenment.

If we want to access blissful states of meditation and sharp mindfulness, we must first cultivate virtuous minds.

Choose the loving option when communicating with others on this forum because your bright mind of virtue and high vibration of loving kindness will aid you in cultivating tranquility and wisdom.

You're welcome to practice any type of meditation here as long as it is rooted in love.

Although I can't, off the top of my head, think of any type of malevolent meditation method, this means we won't be sacrificing any goats.

In fact, you must prepare the soil for your meditation practice by choosing kindness and love when you make any choice in life.

If you are sensitive to energy, you will feel your vibration increasing.

Want to walk around with a high vibration?

Choose kindness and love with every choice you make in life.

If you're not sensitive to energy, then this is totally fine, because by choosing love and kindness with every choice and cultivating virtue, you will feel emotionally happier and more positive.

Where am I getting all this? Am I just making this crap up?

Study the Buddhist Suttas in the Theravada tradition and you will see that cultivating virtue leads to tranquility, which leads to wisdom.

If you're interested in learning meditation in the Theravada tradition, I suggest the book Mindfulness, Bliss, and Beyond.

This book, and Theravada Buddhist Suttas, will confirm that cultivating a virtuous mind is not optional, it's mandatory to access tranquility and wisdom.

In plain English?

Choose kindness and love in every situation, including interacting with anyone on this forum.

And if you don't?

Then you're a cotton headed ninny muggins.

Other than choosing love and kindness every time, what else can you do?

You can anchor the high vibrations of virtue.

Try this:

Close your eyes and say aloud, "May you be blessed."

Say it over and over.

As you're saying it, think of people you love and bless them individually.

All you have to do is intend to bless them just by saying "May you be bless."

Think of your wife or husband and say "May you be blessed."

Do the same with your kids and other family members.

Heck, let's bless grumpy old Uncle Walter.

Let's bless cousin Rusty whom you have never liked.

Bless all your neighbors one by one.

"May you be blessed. May you be blessed. May you be blessed."

Bless people you dislike.

Bless random celebrities.

Bless athletes.

Bless the guy who works at the drug store.

Bless anyone who comes in your mind.

If you're sensitive to energy, you might feel a surge, your vibration increasing.

When you're done blessing after ten minutes, twenty minutes, thirty minutes, or longer . . . Take a moment to focus single-pointedly on the feeling of blessing.

This is the feeling of good will toward all.

This is what a virtuous mind feels like.

So you want to become acquainted with it.

Focus on it alone as the object of your meditation.

The more you do this, the more you will anchor this vibration of virtue.

If you want to walk around with a high vibration, then practice this all the time.

There's no more to this method than what I've described.

You don't have to have the miracle powers of an enlightened Tibetan monk.

All you need is to say "May you be blessed" in your mind, to the images of everyone who comes into your mind, as if saying a prayer.

How often?

Once in the morning and one at night at the least.

Do it as much as possible and you will make the soil of your meditation garden fertile.

You will grow beautiful flowers of tranquility and joy and wisdom.

Any questions or comments?

Add them below.